We are all aware that under Nick Griffin the British National Party has made some positive inroads into local politics. However, many Party officials and members have realised that the time has come for a fresh and democratic structure.
Change is needed to take the British National Party forward onto serious electoral success. A structure that will give priority to making sure that the BNP is financially solvent, politically astute, credible and electable, truly represents family values in everything that it does and maintains democratic management of the Party in a fair and transparent manner.
Councillor Colin Auty will be standing this coming summer as the leadership contender representing reform and change of the BNP. Colin was elected as a District Councillor onto Kirklees Council back in May 2006 and has proved to be an extremely hard working BNP Councillor.
Colin is married with two daughters and believes that the time is right for important changes to be made within the British National Party for it to become a serious challenger in elections and for the future of this country.
Colin has gained a great deal of experience into the inner workings of a local council, especially as he currently sits on various committees including Planning and Health.
Many of you will know Colin through his involvement in Great White Records and his latest album ‘Truth Hurts’ has sold more copies than any other artist from GWR. Colin is a very well respected and popular councillor, activist and artist within the BNP. He regularly tours the country speaking at meetings and singing to help groups raise vital funds.
Constitutional Change & Internal Reforms
The BNP at present has a great deal of potential which is simply not utilised to its full extent and this is largely because the current leadership runs the party in a very dictatorial manner. These are just some of the reforms that should be implemented:
* The Party Chairman should deal with the political affairs of the Party, but a separately appointed Party Manager should manage the internal affairs.
* Scrutiny Panel of regionally elected officials to scrutinise the inner workings of the Party, who everyone is accountable to.
* The establishment of an Executive, Judiciary and Political Wing of the Party.
* A Shadow Cabinet to set up specialist policy departments.
* A Working Party to be set up to scrutinise and re-draft the BNP Constitution which at present gives sole power and control to the Party Chairman.
* Total financial overhaul of the Party, reallocating the power of the National Treasurer to a professional chartered accountant.
* All office holders should be made fully accountable.
* Far more support for all of our Councillors.
* A review of all those expelled due to lack of a fair and proper disciplinary procedure being in place.
* A concerted effort to target the seriously damaging negative image that surrounds the BNP.